Who we are
The name of the Club is “Chiang Mai Lanna Cricket Club”, an independent cricket club based in Chiang Mai.
- Enjoy and respect playing cricket with fellow Members and opposing teams within the Spirit of Cricket;
- Cricket will be played according to the Laws of Cricket established by ICC and playing conditions agreed by local officials, captains and team managers on the day of play;
- Playing cricket competitively, but not win at all costs;
- Membership is open to all races, gender and creed;
- Equality and honesty within the Membership;
- Affordable participation for all Members; and
- To promote the values and integrity of cricket as a contribution to society.
The Officers of the Club – the Executive Committee (hereby known as the ExCom), will be elected each year at the Annual General Meeting, and shall consist of:
- Club Manager
- Team Captain
Membership of the Club shall be open to all persons, without discrimination, either as Full Members or Social Members. However, the limitation of membership according to available facilities is allowable on a non-discriminatory basis.
Membership is subject to approval by the Club’s Executive Committee (ExCom) and the Club may refuse membership or expel Members from Membership only for good and sufficient cause, such as insufficient opportunity to participate or conduct or character likely to bring the Club or sport of cricket into disrepute. Appeal against such a decision may be made to the Club’s ExCom and decided by a majority vote.
A cap on Membership numbers will be agreed on by the ExCom annually. Members will subsequently be notified.
Lapsed Chiang Mai Lanna CC Membership will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis by the ExCom. No person shall be eligible to take part in the business of the Club, vote at general meetings or be eligible for selection for the Club unless Club Membership has been renewed and paid by the due date and/or Membership has been agreed by the ExCom. The Secretary will keep a register of Members.
A Member may resign by written notice to the Club, but the return of any subscription paid is at the discretion of the ExCom.
A Member ceases to be such if he or she:
- Ceases to be a member of the Club; or
- Resigns by written notice to the Club; or
- Is removed by the ExCom if having been found to bring the Club into serious disrepute.
The management of the Club shall be vested in the ExCom consisting of the Officers as stated. The ExCom shall be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting. Four members of the ExCom shall form a quorum.
The ExCom shall meet as and when necessary and upon the written requisition of three members of the ExCom. The Secretary will maintain a written record of each meeting and circulate this record to the ExCom by email within five days of the meeting. It shall then be agreed as a correct record by the ExCom within a further three days, and subsequently shared with all Members.
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
The financial year of the Club shall close 31st May. The AGM will be held within two months of this date (usually after the final game of the season).
At least fourteen days’ notice for the AGM shall be given to Members by the Secretary, specifying the date, time and place of the meeting and appending an agenda of the business to be transacted.
All Members may attend the Annual General Meetings of the Club in person and are encouraged to do so. The ExCom will present a report on the Club’s activities since the previous AGM. The Treasurer shall present accounts for the year. No motion affecting the Club Rules may be brought forward unless written notice has been received by the Secretary seven days before the meeting. At any AGM, ten Members shall form a quorum. The Members will discuss and vote on any resolution (whether about policy or to change the Constitution) and deal with any other business put to the meeting. All full Members have one vote.
Election of Officers and Executive Committee
All Officers and members of the ExCom shall retire annually, but shall be eligible for re-election. All elections shall be formally proposed and seconded and the decision shall be agreed by a majority vote. Any Member of the Club may nominate a fellow Member for election as a member of the ExCom having sought the agreement of the Member to be nominated. Officers must be full Members of the Club.
Power of Executive Committee
The ExCom shall be empowered to deal with any matter arising in connection with the Club in accordance with this Constitution, or matters arising not provided for within this Constitution.
Executive Committee Meetings
Members must be given at least five clear days (written) notice of all ExCom meetings.
The original copy of this Constitution and any revised copies which are hereafter adopted shall be kept by the Secretary. The most up to date copy of this Constitution will be posted on the Club website. The Constitution shall not be altered or rescinded without an ExCom quorum of four ExCom Members. In the event of a two each way vote, the Chairman’s vote will carry.
The object of the Club is to provide facilities for and promote the participation of the community in cricket. The aim of this Constitution is to execute the objectives of the Club, and any league or competition in which the Club participates, fairly and without prejudice for any reason.
Not for Profit
The income and property of the Club, whence so ever derived, shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the objectives of the Club as set forth in this Constitution, and no portion, therefore, shall be paid or transferred, directly or indirectly, by way of dividend, bonus or otherwise howsoever by way of profit, to Members of the Club.
Notices are to be sent out in accordance with this Constitution by suitable electronic means and will be treated as being received twenty-four hours after being sent by electronic means to the relevant address. A technical defect in the giving of notice of which the Members or the ExCom are unaware at the time does not invalidate decisions taken at a meeting.
Any bank account in which any part of the Club’s funds is deposited shall be operated by the ExCom and shall be held in the name of the Club. Unless regulations state otherwise, all cheques and orders for payment of money from such accounts must be signed by at least two people authorised by the ExCom one of which must be the Chairman.
The ExCom may delegate any of its functions to sub-committees, but must specify the scope of the sub-committee’s activity and powers, the extent to which it can commit the funds of the Club and its duty to report back to the ExCom in a timely manner.
The ExCom may terminate any sub-committee at any time or change its mandate and operating terms.
Annual Club Reports and Statements of Account must be made available for inspection by any Member and all Club records may be inspected by any ExCom Member.
Removal of Membership, Discipline and Appeals
Any complaints regarding the behaviour of Members, guests or volunteers should be lodged in writing with the Secretary. Any person that is the subject of a written complaint or appeal shall be notified of the procedures to be followed by the relevant committee in reasonable time to prepare for any hearing.
The ExCom shall appoint a Disciplinary Subcommittee who will meet to hear complaints within eight days of a complaint being lodged. Any person requested to attend a Disciplinary Subcommittee shall be entitled to be accompanied by a friend or other representative and to call witnesses. The Disciplinary Subcommittee has the power to take appropriate disciplinary action on behalf of the ExCom, including the termination of Membership. The outcome of the disciplinary hearing shall be put in writing to the person who lodged the complaint and the person against whom the complaint was made within seven days following the hearing.
There shall be a right of appeal within seven days of receipt of the disciplinary decision or decision to refuse Membership:
- Against the Disciplinary Sub-Committee’s findings or the sanction imposed or both; and
- Against the ExCom’s refusal to admit a new Member.
In either case, the ExCom shall appoint an Appeals Subcommittee. The Appeals Subcommittee shall have a maximum of three Members which shall not include Members involved with the initial disciplinary hearing. The Appeals Sub-Committee shall consider the appeal within seven days of the Secretary receiving the appeal. The individual who submitted the appeal shall be entitled to be accompanied by a friend or other representative and to call witnesses. The decision of the Appeals Sub-Committee shall be final and binding on all parties.
If upon the dissolution of the Club, there remains, after the satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities, any property whatsoever, the same shall not be paid to or distributed among the Members of the Club, but shall be given to an ExCom approved sporting or charitable organisation.
Executive Committee Responsibilities
- Represents the Club and seeks its best interests
- Coordinates and leads the Club’s Executive Committee in pursuit of the Club’s agreed objectives
- To call Executive Committee Meetings (ECM’s) as and when necessary
- Responsible for official communications and representing the Club with outside organisations and match officials
- Oversees all formal internal communications regarding policy, Executive Committee decisions, ECM and AGM meeting dates etc.
- Manages recruiting and membership offers
- Keeps a record of Membership numbers
- Minute taking and circulation of ECM and AGM minutes
- Responsible for management and accurate up to date reporting of Club finances
- Responsible for creating CMLCC budget plans and agendas
- Responsible for collection of Annual Membership and match fees from Captain
- Liaise with match officials, ground authorities and event organisers relating to participation and contribution of CMLCC Members in matters related to cricket in general
- Support the team Captain in selection and discipline on match days
- Coordinates and books nets
- Coordinates Club coaching arrangements
- Upkeep of storage areas and kit at Gymkhana Club
- Coordinates end of season awards
- Responsible for leading the team, ensuring that all players adhere to the high standards of competitiveness CMLCC desire and promote, combined with ensuring fair play and respect for our opponents, match officials and in the Spirit of Cricket
- Nominates vice-captain (Captain’s nomination to be approved by the ExCom)
- Decision maker on all aspects of the team, including matchday selection and preparation (in consultation with Vice Captain and Club Manager)
- Ensures that all players selected are eligible for selection, i.e. paid up CMLCC members
- Ensures all match fees are collected
Non-Executive Committee Positions & Responsibilities
- Proposes and oversees all social events
- Communicates details regarding all social events and tours to Members
- Coordinates organising committees for overseas tours
- Obtain sponsorship deals
- Coordinate with sponsors and Media Manager for deals & promotions
Media & Merchandise Manager
- Informs Members of matches and events through the website and other digital outlets
- Promotes sponsors’ events
- Designs and procures CMLCC branded items for Club fundraising
- Maintains a stocktake of all Club merchandise
- Ensure that sponsor logos are appropriately displayed during matches or an event
– Last updated 7 October 2023